What's new in PerfectDisk 10
- Improved User Interface
More contrast on progress bars and drive map provide a better visual experience.
- Faster drive analyze and defragmentation.
Improvements have been made that result in up to 30% faster analyze and
- New ability to Pause and Resume defragmentation passes.
This allows the user to temporarily pause PerfectDisk
to run an application like a game
or burn a dvd and then resume defragmentation without PerfectDisk
having to re-analyze
- StealthPatrol has been enhanced to allow for automatic adjustment of CPU/Disk thresholds.
This allows StealthPatrol to run when system activity keeps StealthPatrol from running
for an extended period of time.
- Exclusive New Feature - PerfectDisk
is now virtualization aware (PerfectDisk Server only).
PerfectDisk is the first ever, centrally manageable defragmentation program that is both aware
of its virtual existence and able to dynamically adjust its resource consumption behavior with
respect to its physical host resource load. PerfectDisk
running in a virtual guest environment
can communicate with its virtual host (Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft Virtual Server, VMware ESX) to
determine host CPU and disk resource usage and limit guest defragmentation operations in
order to not impact other guests or overload host server.
for VMware enhanced to allow scheduling of virtual machine optimization.
Scheduled operation also includes ability to shutdown a running virtual machine prior to
performing the optimization and restart the virtual machine when optimization completes.
for Exchange enhanced to allow bulk configuration of temp/working ********s.
- New Fragmentation/Free Space Recovered cumulative counters.
PerfectDisk displays how many files have been defragmented and how much free space
has been recovered since PerfectDisk
- Enhanced integration between the different automated/manual defragmentation methods.
StealthPatrol and Screen Saver defrag methods will no longer keep manual, command line or
defined schedule defragmentation passes from running.
- Enhanced self-diagnostics to detect and repair most common issues with PerfectDisk.
- Enhanced Space Management features.
You can quickly analyze and get a picture of how space is being distributed between file types,
when files were created, oldest files, biggest files; find where files are on disk.
- Enhanced Command Line features.
You can analyze and get statistics through the PerfectDisk
Changes in Build 10.00.108 (05/26/2009):
1. Add control over Welcome Wizard via config.ini and Group Policy.
2. A schedule set via Group Policy has time with seconds always equal to minutes.
3. Status is not updated when defragmentation was resumed.
4. Space Reports graphs are 1 day off.
5. Multiple PDAgentS1 processes.
6. High CPU usage when selecting a drive with excluded folder.
7. A few features are missing when user ******** is set to Japanese.
8. Auto Update file download is not cancelled by Cancel button on Raxco
Software Auto Update dialog.
for VMware does not provide exclusion list for a virtual machine.
10. Duplicates - If Other files selected, doesn't require input of file extension.
11. Recycler reports double number of files cleaned in Recycler Bin on Vista.
12. List of temporary folders for Recycler once saved never updated.
13. Recycler pane does not preserve drive selection and option selection.
14. When Recycler run is stopped the results report 0 files cleaned.
15. "Can not connect to Exchange.." message on system tray icon launch.
16. Exchange pane: label "Storage Group" is missing and Next Run drop-down menu is disabled.
17. Send Test Email reports success with all empty fields.
18. PD/Settings/Exchange - tab order is not as expected.
19. Windows Home Server Plugin uses old PD10 icon.
20. Need to have column width persistent in the log viewer.
21. Sort indicator does not conform to Windows specifications in a number of column header.
22. What do dark blocks mean?
23. Daily schedule does not display error "Invalid Maximum duration value".
24. Calendar on weekly schedule wizard get truncated when error messages displayed.
25. Space Explorer - During Analysis, strange graphics issue is displayed.